Organizational Overview: Our mission is to Connect Students with Veterans in order to Honor Veterans, Preserve America's Heritage, and Develop Future Leaders. Helping to bridge the gap between civilian and military life, we strive to develop students' character and civic responsibility, while recognizing our veterans' legacy of service. Learn more about our award-winning after-school program at www.veteransheritage.org/chapter-program.
Job Summary: The Graphic and Technology Coordinator is the point of contact for publishing and program technology solutions. This full-time position interacts with high school and college level students as well as educators in the instruction of preparing student work for publication in the annual collection of veteran stories, Since You AskedTM (SYA). This position participates in annual trainings, monthly mentoring activities and coordinates publication of all SYA editions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with the program team to prepare and deliver publishing training to chapter leaders
- Support quality control and chapter mentoring by conducting site visits and guiding chapters in the proper use of design software, VHP templates, and book formatting guidelines
- Coordinate key volunteers who work with chapters on book layout
- Encourage chapters to organize an editing committee and host editing day(s)
- Manage Google Team Drive, including video compression, permissions, and folder structure
- Provide publishing and Google Drive technical support to chapters by phone, email or Zoom
- Help to identify, assess and recommend technology solutions for chapter and organizational use
- Manage data upload into Salesforce database and Adobe subscriptions
- Serve as lead editor for independent contributors and SYA Edition III: lay out all book elements, host editing day, assemble book for publication, and submit to printer
- Manage centralized publishing space at VHP office for students and teacher collaboration
- Design shared book elements and coordinate dissemination among all publishing chapters
- Assist Program Director in the proofing process and manage the timely and accurate submission of all SYA Editions with printer
- Assist Executive Director in the book quote and brokerage process
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 yrs experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to administer Google Drive
- Reliable transportation required
- Positive attitude and team player
- Strong verbal communication
- Strong editing skills
- Ability to interact with all age levels
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to take direction and absorb information
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the qualifications for this position.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Veterans Heritage Project is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with Veterans Heritage Project is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of driving records, employment, education, and criminal background search.